Sunday 29 April 2012

September – Oil Cloth tips!


In September, I made ……


.......a washbag for my sister! Again from Sew Hip Issue 11.

Pretty easy really, but the plastic covering was fiddly to sew. You could use oil cloth (which I didn’t have to hand) and that would save you the task of sewing the plastic covering to the fabric. However, both types of fabric would have a similar problem – the plastic sort of sticks to the foot/feed dogs. I used greaseproof paper over the plastic in the end (I think the instructions in Sew Hip suggest this). But one of the clever ladies at St Francis craft group (who was a professional seamstress in her working life) came up with the brilliant idea of furniture polish. The sort that you spray on. I didn’t get a chance to try it, but I would definitely try it next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

More creative fun